[WikiEN-l] Nationality on the lead of articles

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Thu Mar 31 22:24:57 UTC 2011

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011, Fred Bauder wrote:
> So, instead of working on the article, and adding something about
> astrology, there has been a sterile POV conflict. Meanwhile the article
> is piss poor with one of the POV warriors, now he's gotten rid of the
> opposition, re-writing it and making it even worse.
>
> So big fight over nothing, while substantial work remains undone.
>
> "WikiProject Rational Skepticism High-importance)" Really?

I don't think the article is skeptical enough.

For instance, it says "In February, 2001, the science of vedic astrology,
Jyotir Vigyan, was introduced into the curriculum of Indian universities".
The reference shows the government of India saying that, but the government
of India is not a reliable source for the claim that vedic astrology is a
science or is being treated scientifically.  The words "the science of"
should be removed, or described solely as someone else's words without
implying that they are true, for instance "vedic astrology, described as a
science by the Government of India, was...."