[WikiEN-l] Nationality on the lead of articles

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Thu Mar 31 19:44:31 UTC 2011

> "I dread to think how many megabytes of discussion are spent on
> discussing
> nationalities."
>
> So why are you discussing it?

Meta discussions about problems sometimes result in progress.

For example, I've been looking at another article, Astrology, where half
a dozen astrology advocates have been banned. Looking at their editing,
all the attention was on the presence or absence of the label,
"pseudoscience", supposedly based on an arbitration committee ruling.

So, instead of working on the article, and adding something about
astrology, there has been a sterile POV conflict. Meanwhile the article
is piss poor with one of the POV warriors, now he's gotten rid of the
opposition, re-writing it and making it even worse.

So big fight over nothing, while substantial work remains undone.

"WikiProject Rational Skepticism High-importance)" Really?

Fred