[WikiEN-l] iCorrect

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Tue Mar 29 02:20:14 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 11:05 AM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
>> To wit, why not pay $1,000 to get someone else to deal with OTRS for
>> you?  For $1,000 surely you can hire an expert in the OTRS process to
>> draft up a letter, have a notary to come to your house, notarize your
>> signature on the document, and scan it in.
>
> Actually, that might not be possible. It seem simple to you because you
> are familiar with Wikipedia; the chances of a wealthy celebrity, or
> anyone they might hire, being so is slim.

If OTRS is so difficult to deal with that a wealthy celebrity can't
pay someone $1000 to navigate it, you've got much lower hanging fruit
than ICorrect to deal with.

I find that rather hard to believe, though.  At $20/hour that's 50
hours.  That'd have to be a pretty stupid secretary/publicist/whatever
not to be able to figure out to click on "contact us", then "report a
problem with an article" then "article about you" then
"info-en-q at wikimedia.org" within 50 hours.

> And don't tell me they could hire some banned Wikipedian...

Why not?  Because you already know they could?

$1000 to navigate OTRS and fix a problem simple enough that you're
just going to take the celebrity's word on it?  I'll do it for $200.
And I'm not even banned.