[WikiEN-l] iCorrect

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 28 19:37:12 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:
> A well known, even notorious, joint in 1910... as O. Henry was a well
> known writer. Joel's Cafe could be linked from O. Henry, but it is hard
> to know how much he hung out there.
>
> The Grinch successfully stole Christmas but Wikipedia is more like The
> Gingerbread Man:

Does the Grinch hang out at AfD? Another theory I have is that some
articles are so obscure they don't even get noticed there. Or they
have references on them sufficient to sustain  borderline notability.

> I am I am a gingerbread man. So I run, I run as fast as I can. And you
> And you can't catch me. I am I am the fastest. You can't You can't get
> me.

Sounds like Zeno's Paradox.

> There will always be people adding interesting material to Wikipedia.

Don't get me wrong. I like interesting stubs as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_E._M._Hedges
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Street,_Jr.

But some articles are unlikely to be anything more than stubs.

Sometimes I've put such information in footnotes to an article, rather
than create a new article.

Carcharoth