[WikiEN-l] iCorrect

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 28 17:31:43 UTC 2011

Well, there are articles that can be expanded beyond the basic stuff
found in places like Who's Who. An example is the article here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_Mestel

But as soon as anyone become newsworthy, you get newspaper sources
jostling for room with all the other sources. Personally, I'd ban all
newspaper sources in BLPs.

Another BLP I tried was here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_W._Moore

Admittedly, one of the sources there is a book review (less than
ideal, and now a dead link, unsurprisingly).

I was going to include the Basil John Mason article as another one
where I tidied it up or one where an article can be written using
reliable non-newspaper sources, but if you go and look at the article,
you will notice a slight problem with using this one as an example...
(I left the sources on the talk page and left the job half-done).

But those are all examples of building biographies piecemeal. But
hopefully those were done in a responsible manner. I won't say
newspaper sources were avoided, but merely that newpapers didn't cover
these people.

Carcharoth