[WikiEN-l] iCorrect

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Mon Mar 28 16:24:00 UTC 2011

On 28 March 2011 16:50, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:

>> So, any reasonable solution is good. If we were to actually encourage
>> the creation of one - presuming this site isn't quite what we're after
>> - how would it work? This might be a good opportunity to encourage an
>> independent but useful "right of reply" project...
>
> The talk page of the article is the place we have. And it does work, if
> our editors pay attention and use common sense.

The problem here is that the talk page has no practical verifiability.
Again, as long as everyone acts reasonably and assumes good faith, it
works fine, but at the moment someone says - I don't believe you,
you're not Joe Smith, you're just some random guy claiming the sources
are wrong - then it breaks down.

Perhaps the angle we should work on here is some way of "verifiying"
identity of accounts on request, which is something of a double-edged
sword...

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk