[WikiEN-l] Reg. Research using Wikipedia

ramesh kumar ramesh_chill at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 9 10:10:44 UTC 2011

Dear Members,
I am a PhD student in a reputed university. My Research is on blog classification using Wikipedia Categories.As for my experiment, I use 12 main categories of Wikipedia.I want to identify " which particular article belongs to which main 12 categories?".So I wrote a program to collect the subcategories of each article and classify based on 12 categories offline.
I have downloaded already wiki-dump which consists of around 3 million article titles.My program takes this 3 million article titles and goes to online Wikipedia website and fetch the subcategories.Our university network administrators are worried that, Wikipedia would consider as DDOS attack and could block our IP address, if my program functions.In order to get permission from Wikipedia, I was searching allover. I could able to find wikien-l members can help me.Could you please suggest me, whom to contact, what is the procedure to get approval for our IP address to do the process or other suggestions
Eagerly waiting for a positive reply
Thanks and RegardsRamesh