[WikiEN-l] Developer/Wiki relationship (was: Deployments today)

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 07:47:04 UTC 2011

Vector has "email this user" but only if you expand the toolbox. If
newbies look for it under "Interaction" they won't find it. Personally
I think that Emailing someone is more about interaction than it is a
tool. But Monobook neatly sidesteps the issue by making it a clear
choice in the sidebar rather than hidden away in dropdown menu.

If we are going to implement the board resolution on Openness we
should either upgrade Vector to make editing more open for newbies,
switch the default back to monobook, or at least change the default
setting for Appearances in Vector from " Enable collapsing of items in
the navigation menu in Vector skin" being preticked to default to
unticked. But we shouldn't rely on Newbies setting such an option
themselves.

WSC