[WikiEN-l] Amazonified Wikipedia

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 4 10:28:21 UTC 2010

The citation for wikipedia according to wikipedia would look like this:
James Joyce. (2010, December 3). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia.
Retrieved 10:24, December 4, 2010, from
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=James_Joyce&oldid=400394336

see :http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Cite&page=James_Joyce&id=400394336

But on the other hand :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citing_Wikipedia
there is says :
Wikipedia contributors.  James Joyce. (2010, December 3). In
Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 10:24, December 4, 2010,
from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=James_Joyce&oldid=400394336

So the special page does not say "contributors" there are no links to
the contributors in the citation examples.

thanks,
mike

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 2:45 AM, Angela Anuszewski
<angela.anuszewski at gmail.com> wrote:
> What really bothers me about it is that there is no direct link to the
> revision history. The authors aren't attributed unless you go to the linked
> WP page, and there is nothing that even hints at that.

James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova and Albania
flossk.org flossal.org