[WikiEN-l] So what does Flagged Revs feel like?

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Tue Sep 29 19:10:55 UTC 2009

David Goodman wrote:
> If enWikipedia has only 4,000 active editors, and we don't do better
> at this than, we are going to keep up with only a very few articles.
> The plan will work , though, for the most watched articles,
> fortunately where they are needed, because that's the ones where
> people people catch errors now. In other words, as a substitute for
> semi-protection for most semi'd pages, not flagging a significant
> number of pages addition to them.  It won't do a thing to reduce the
> gross vandalism that now gets uncaught for hours. It might provide a
> clearer focus on the ones that get caught in a few minutes, and keep
> the vandalism off them for those few minutes.  But that's all that can
> be expected of it

Of course, if we are talking about the work that will get done, it is
most important to answer the question "should this work be getting
done?" And that seems a clear "Yes". We don't ever get the "magic
bullet" technical solution that ensures that everything gets done that
should be. That is not how the system works, it's the asymptote.

Charles