[WikiEN-l] Oversized criticism sections and WP:UNDUE (was: Notability and ski resorts)

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 17:57:14 UTC 2009

2009/9/25 Surreptitiousness <surreptitious.wikipedian at googlemail.com>:

> Another thing that was good about early arbcom was the desire to
> challenge incivility and to accept cases which now would be refused as

The 2009 arbcom's main problem is a severe case of [[regulatory
capture]] by the worst violators of the civility rules. Note the case
of the admin busted grossly abusively sockpuppeting, where the arbcom
sat on the evidence for a month (two arbs apparently resigning in
disgust at the regulatory capture of the AC - check the resignation
times versus the block log); and, when the case finally became public,
having to be dragged kicking and screaming to actually acting in the
way they would for any other socking admin.

I'm entirely unsure the arbcom isn't an idea whose time has run, at
least in its present form - it needs a shakeup to avert the regulatory
capture.

- d.