[WikiEN-l] Invitation for review

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 02:35:27 UTC 2009

Steve Summit <scs at eskimo.com> wrote:

> Yes, we've noticed.  I couldn't think of a word for it just then,
> either.

"Pwnage" is the word you're looking for.

> George did you the courtesy of, rather than accusing you of
> actually being something objectionable, mentioning that that's
> the impression you were giving.

Um. No. He stated his "impressions." Fine. I stated my impression of his i
"impressions." Why then are you trying to take issue with me for doing
the same, albeit with more pwnage?

> The underlying presumption, of
> course, is that you'll be interested in changing your behavior
> so as to avoid the (putatively incorrect) impression in future.
> Now, the overwhelming body of evidence suggests that you have no
> such interest,

So, paraphrasing, your "underlying presumption" is the important
concept here, and I somehow am supposed to work at creating a better
"underlying presumption" in your head, by expressing "interest" in
"changing my behavior" to some other mode that is less consistent with
your "underlying presumption."

At least that's my impression. :-}

> and therefore that we are all quite wasting our
> time by letting you engage us in elaborate discussions like this.

I would have said it differently, but as long as you get the hint that
you are just wasting your time, then that should be close enough for
you.

> Someone on-wiki recently accused you of being a troll.

Who said that?

> I wouldn't accuse you of that, but it is certainly the
> impression you are giving.

{{cn}}

- Stevertigo