[WikiEN-l] Invitation for review

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Fri Sep 25 01:54:23 UTC 2009

Stevertigo wrote:
>Steve Summit <scs at eskimo.com> wrote:
>> And I think it's astonishing, Stever, that someone who is as fond
>> of wordplay and intellectual arguments as you seem to be could so
>> blatantly miss the distinction between "looks like" and "is".
>
> ...I don't do "wordplay." I do something quite.. different.

Yes, we've noticed.  I couldn't think of a word for it just then,
either.

> George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You threw the question of your disruption block out here on wikien-L
> > for comment.  You cannot reasonably object that people have responded
> > with their impressions of the situation.
>
> Well, Steve (above) thinks I should have taken you literally, or
> perhaps seriously.

Indeed I do.

George did you the courtesy of, rather than accusing you of
actually being something objectionable, mentioning that that's
the impression you were giving.  The underlying presumption, of
course, is that you'll be interested in changing your behavior
so as to avoid the (putatively incorrect) impression in future.

Now, the overwhelming body of evidence suggests that you have no
such interest, and therefore that we are all quite wasting our
time by letting you engage us in elaborate discussions like this.

Someone on-wiki recently accused you of being a troll.
I wouldn't accuse you of that, but it is certainly the
impression you are giving.