[WikiEN-l] Moderation (was: Stick this in your music theory andsmoke it.)

Jay Litwyn brewhaha at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Wed Sep 23 12:41:20 UTC 2009

Quality is too subjective, and if I put too many demands on it, then I limit
my circle of associates to friends, people whose mother tongue is English,
and elderly people who have already learned which points are too
insignificant to waste time on in debate. I also lose out on remembering how
to explain things that have been clear to me for years, and remembering how
I know, in some cases finding out how I know, or learning who else knows.
So, before you go judging quality, understand that I am glad someone other
than me is not afraid that he will appear foolish if he poses arguments with
things he does not understand, because he did not study them formally. I
would rather hav that than have people deride entire posts of mine just
because nobody answered them. That does not mean nobody listened to my MP3,
recognized it, and asked the same questions I did about the numbers. If you
are not interested in music, Steve, that is just fine with me, but realize
that it almost inevitably figures into your perception of quality. Also
realize that I am only a beginner in writing about it.

"Steve Bennett" <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:b8ceeef70909221720i2f5d0201o65b7d3ee83527a3a at mail.gmail.com...
Sure. I enabled your moderation flag because you keep posting large
numbers of low-quality posts, despite my requests to the contrary. The
specific event that triggered it was your posting of 4 very similar
messages to the "Deletion of unreferenced living person biographies"
thread, all quibbling over the semantics of whether "speedy
deleletion" was equivalent to "out-of-process deletion".

One message probably would have been ok, although it would be better
if you'd advanced the discussion, rather than getting stuck on this
small point. But 4?

Anyway, please keep making good quality, relevant, interesting posts
that help advance discussions about Wikipedia - that's what this list
is for.

Steve