[WikiEN-l] Wikimedian image restorations exploited on eBay

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 16:26:30 UTC 2009

2009/9/22 Durova <nadezhda.durova at gmail.com>:

> A small group of people do digital image restoration regularly; we can hold
> focused discussions among ourselves.  Perhaps there's a large gap in base
> knowledge between us and Wikimedians in general because when we bring
> concerns to a wider forum the discussion usually gets derailed.

Y'know, if you're going to claim something is a violation of copyright
or moral rights, it helps if you could actually answer the questions
Steve asked. I've been waiting all thread for the answers too.

If you can only say "ah, but I'm actually talking in restorer
language" when you're using terms with precise and specific meanings,
then it's not us making communication difficult.

If you think you can only communicate by redefining English words to
mean what you need them to to make your point, that's unlikely to help
either.

Even if you think you answered Steve's questions, please accept my
assurance that you really, really haven't. Could you please go through
the list of questions he posted and actually answer them? This will
definitely help those of us (almost everyone here, from the looks of
it) who don't speak restorer like a native.

- d.