[WikiEN-l] New site for meta-discussion

Jake Wartenberg jake at jakewartenberg.com
Thu Nov 19 22:39:07 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 7:31 AM, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

> There have been a few of these. IMHO, the best website to discuss
> similar issues is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_Village_Pump
>
> Steve

There is something to be said for off wiki discussion.  Why do you think
these mailing lists get so much traffic?  People can start discussions in a
less formal setting before they take them to the pump.  It should also be a
place where members of the community can discuss things that are not
Wikipedia related.

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 6:55 AM, Charles Matthews <
charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Could you describe briefly what the editorial policy of this forum will be?
>
> Charles

I can.  I want to promote a relaxed atmosphere without allowing outing or
trolling.  It should be a place where editors can chatter idly and
brainstorm new ideas.  I hope that gives you an idea of what I am going for
here.

Jake