[WikiEN-l] deletionism in popular culture

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Nov 5 16:55:54 UTC 2009

David Goodman wrote:
> If the topic had been referenceable, initially, it is misusing a
> feature to delete the article, rather than source it. The proper use
> of the feature is to delete articles that cannot be sourced at the
> time.

I think this belongs with the discussion of WP:BEFORE, as raised
previously by you. At that time my attention was called to [[User:Uncle
G/Wikipedia triage]]. In the light of what is said there, certainly, a
nomination for deletion on the grounds of inadequate referencing, before
the nominator has done due diligence, is misuse of the process. I would
say that the ideas on the page, or perhaps the presentation of what are
basically standard ideas, should be given wider circulation.

Charles