[WikiEN-l] How friendly are we to Newbies? Update on the create an article as a newbie challenge

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 01:38:02 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 4:04 AM, Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I think you needed to point out which bits of information corresponded
> with which sources.

I sure did! I also needed to use bullet points - but I didn't know that.

> I see the failed wikilinking for Bintulu was not
> corrected.

Yup. Nor was the lack of bold for the first mention of the town. The
lat/long coords should also be {{coord|...}}'ed.

(How on earth would a newbie ever figure this stuff out...)

> Oh, and was the spelling mistake intentional or
> "interestig"? :-)

Heh, I think that was actually an accident. I originally wrote
"popular tourist attraction", but thought "really interesting" was
more appropriate. :)

> PS. User:Speleo87 for writing an article about a town near famous
> caves (speleology)? :-)

Yup, my alterego is a 22 year old cave lover...

Steve