[WikiEN-l] How friendly are we to Newbies? Update on the create an article as a newbie challenge

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 1 17:04:16 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 1:21 AM, WereSpielChequers
> <werespielchequers at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I'm hoping that we won't have too many "trick" articles in this
>> process, or articles that should be deleted but not by CSD (the
>> criteria are "write an article that doesn't meet the deletion
>> criteria".
>
> Hmm, as for my own experimental article (which I loaded with a few
> newbie errors, but nothing too over the top), all that has happened
> was an established user came along and deleted two of the sources, and
> renamed a (deliberately misnamed) section heading.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Batu_Niah&action=history
>
> I can't really fathom his thinking. Sure, they weren't high quality
> sources, but they were the sources of the information nonetheless...

I think you needed to point out which bits of information corresponded
with which sources. I see the failed wikilinking for Bintulu was not
corrected. Oh, and was the spelling mistake intentional or
"interestig"? :-)

Carcharoth

PS. User:Speleo87 for writing an article about a town near famous
caves (speleology)? :-)