[WikiEN-l] Wikimedia in the UK

Michael Peel email at mikepeel.net
Mon Jun 29 17:43:10 UTC 2009

What Wikimedia events or activities would you like to see take place
in the UK?

We're currently trying to pull together ideas for "initiatives" that
Wikimedia UK can support, at
http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Initiatives/Proposals
There have been lots of ideas posted at:
http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Initiatives/Ideas
which need fleshing out before they can be taken forward. We've also
got a list of things that we've already supported at
http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Initiatives

We're having an open IRC meeting to discuss possible initiatives,
which will take place this coming Tuesday, the 30th June 2009, at
8.30PM BST (19:30 GMT), in #wikimedia-uk on irc.freenode.net . For
more information, and to say that you'll be coming, please visit:
http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meetings/Discussions/Initiatives

Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation, and is
set up as a membership-run non-profit UK company limited by
guarantee. To find out more information, to join or to donate, please
visit our website at http://uk.wikimedia.org/ .

Thanks,
Mike Peel
Chair, Wikimedia UK - http://uk.wikimedia.org/

Wikimedia UK is the operating name of Wiki UK Limited.
Wiki UK Ltd is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827.
The Registered Office is at 23 Cartwright Way, Nottingham, NG9 1RL,
United Kingdom