[WikiEN-l] A new solution for the BLP dilemma

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 21:40:12 UTC 2009

2009/6/4 Durova <nadezhda.durova at gmail.com>:
> Hi all, in two years of looking for solutions to the BLP issues have finally
> stumbled upon an idea that hasn't been raised before. Basically it's this:
> *Suppose we noindexed biographies of living persons, upon the subject's
> request.* This would require developer assistance, and require a bit of
> structure to make sure the ability doesn't get misused. An initial draft
> proposal is at my blog. Am interested in thoughts and suggestions.
>
> http://durova.blogspot.com/2009/06/biographies-of-living-persons-ingenius.html
>
> Best regards,
> Durova

Been suggested before. Answer is either:

No what search engines do with wikipedia content is none of our business.

No the subjects of articles have no right to determine wikipedia behavior

Of course it could also be argued that effectively making a public
record of people who are sensitive about their bios it's exactly an
improvement on the current situation.

--
geni