[WikiEN-l] A modest proposal - a recap of resolution-l

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 23:35:22 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 3:27 PM, David Gerard<dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> "Nobody's actively trying to kill the idea!" works okay in wiki
> editing (where bad edits are reversible), but probably isn't enough to
> bother with an unconvincing structural change. Until anyone else cares
> enough to actually push it hard, it won't be a happener.

"[Various esoteric pseudo-axioms]" - huh? "Anyone?" "Push it hard?"
David, its not the force, its the motion.

> The reason it hasn't happened yet is that nobody else is pushing it
> but you. There is no groundswell of support. Cary not doing something
> just because you really really want it is, I would suggest, absolutely
> appropriate.

Please don't lose your graceful tone, David. I was simply amending the
list you put together with some details. I made no statements about
why things were or were not happening.

> So, what was wrong with getting consensus for it on the wiki? Given
> it's expressly meant to affect the wiki.

I can try doing that a little, I guess. But what was wrong with
sorting some of it out here?

-Stevertigo