[WikiEN-l] NYT: Wikipedia May Be a Font of Facts, but It’s a Desert for Photos

Judson Dunn cohesion at sleepyhead.org
Mon Jul 20 15:44:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Magnus
Manske<magnusmanske at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Has there ever been a concerted effort to contact some celebrity
> agents and suggest picture submissions?

Agents sometimes send photos via OTRS, and are usually ok with
licensing them freely. I don't think we have ever been very pro-active
about it though in an organized way. (Individuals are, I've done it
before for a few people that most wouldn't call "celebs" with positive
results) :)

Judson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Cohesion