[WikiEN-l] MediaWiki is getting a new programming language

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 21:25:47 UTC 2009

2009/7/3 Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com>:
> On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Judson Dunn<cohesion at sleepyhead.org> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> {{#ifeq: string 1 | string 2 | value if true | value if false }} .
>
> The help pages for templates are not very helpful.
>
> Instinctively, and by looking at examples, I sort of know the above,
> but I've never seen a help page that clearly explains how to use
> templates and parser functions, let alone how to construct tables
> (more a WYSIWYG problem). Maybe I've been looking at the wrong pages,
> but if there are pages that clearly teach people how to construct
> templates and tables, I'd really like to be pointed at them.
>
> Carcharoth

Tables are an issue yes. I don't do much with templates but when I've
wanted to use ParserFunctions I've either copied and pasted or worked
from

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:ParserFunctions

On the other hand the formal help page is a complete mess:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Template

--
geni