[WikiEN-l] Jeremy Hanson

brewhaha%40edmc.net brewhaha at edmc.net
Sun Jan 18 18:55:45 UTC 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:GRAWPTHEGIANT07
BTW, since this guy has been confirmed as LtWinters, then my suspicion that
he is grawp is also confirmed. I will look for the template for placing that
suspicion, because I am not sure that the same people are looking at the
same records. I see no reason why a different vandal would use the name of a
chased vandal. For that matter, there are three spellings of Psychonaut, and
the simple one is still active for some reason.

The problem with increasing the account age requirements for moving a page
is that it penalizes ALL NEW USERS, not just those with verizon who *might*
be personally affected, and only at an inconvenience. There are ways around
it and I do not see that Grawp is using them extensively. I see one obvious
range on his checkuser page that probably *was* blocked. Verizon is big and
no RFC that I know of concerns how IP numbers are allotted. The blocks he
has direct access to might concern a district or an entire city. Serious
editors with an account on wikipedia are only about one in ten thousand.

The advantage to blocking verizon, 64k at a time according to their whois
records, is that we might actually get a response from them, saying, yes, he
is with us, yes, we do hav a policy problem concerning him, and we are
concerning his mother. They hav a policy regarding unwanted communication.
All they need is feedback from their own users to get it enforced. I do not
really *know* that they ignored previous e-mails from me. I suspect that
they might actually pay attention to fifty.

"collateral damage" is too strong of a military euphemism for unintended
death. Please use "unintended delays" or "requring rudimentarily confirmed
channels", because that is all that is entailed.

news:781c50250901152204q733764aayc1d2758c0201a72f at mail.gmail.com...