[WikiEN-l] Consensus (was To boldy delete what no one had deleted before!)

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 13 19:53:23 UTC 2009

on 1/13/09 2:26 PM, White Cat at wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com wrote:

> In general when a proposal achieves the state where it does not face serious
> opposition by the majority we consider that a "general agreement". In
> general votes are given a month or so to go on. It depends on how many votes
> are casted.
> The key problem is people are sick and tired of the
> deletionists-inclusionsist war. It has been going on for about 5 years
> now. A lot of people are "avoiding the drama" till the dust could settle.
>
> None of this has a fixed rule by the way... So I do not really have an easy
> answer.
>
> It may sound like I am rambling on without providing any answers which would
> accurately describe how I am right now. Full of questions without any real
> answers...

It sounds to me like you are trying to make sense out of some things, WC,
and for that I congratulate you. And, answers or no answers, keeping asking
the questions. One huge answer is better communication skills for all
involved. It is achievable, if only a commitment would be made to achieve
it.

Marc