[WikiEN-l] Rank hath its privileges

Sam Korn smoddy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 16:41:40 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Wilhelm Schnotz <wilhelm at nixeagle.org> wrote:
> To ray, you have a point, if it is a 3rd parties copyright, it is
> their fight. Generally though I don't like the thought of that ability
> being used to undelete stuff that is not helpful to this project and
> creates these sorts of distractions, but it is now his fight.

I agree mostly with these sentiments.  If there was a case to be made,
I would argue that it should be presented as "using the admin tools in
a way likely to bring the project into disrepute".

There has been no breach of our copyright policy, as the content was
not posted on Wikipedia.  I do not recall ever taking on-wiki actions
against a user for breaching the GFDL on another website.

As far as I am concerned, this is a minor, if rather stupid, abuse of
the tools.  Trout-slapping, rather than arbitration, seems in order.

--
Sam
PGP public key: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Sam_Korn/public_key