[WikiEN-l] [Wikitech-l] Fwd: Wired: Wikipedia to Color Code Untrustworthy...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Aug 31 19:09:18 UTC 2009

In a message dated 8/31/2009 11:47:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
ft2.wiki at gmail.com writes:

>    - WikiTrust might be described as "a way to see how long an edit
> endured
>    and how much trust it seems to have"; in most users' hands it'll be
> "its
>    colored red/blue so its right/wrong."
>    - People won't think, they'll assume and rely.>>

-------------------

Interesting to see this by virtue of repetition in our mirrors.
And our pseudo-mirrors who *don't* event state that they mirrored us.
Then after a phrase has been cut from our version due to lack of source,
it's put back in citing a past mirror who hasn't removed it....

Circular.

Unsourced statement one has "high trust" because it's been there for two
years, without a source.  When a source is found contradicting it, will there
be a big fight because "100 editors has passed on this and haven't reverted
it!"

.... Shades of past warfare.

Will Johnson