[WikiEN-l] So, what is the deal with flagged revisions?

Andrew Turvey andrewrturvey at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 27 16:32:26 UTC 2009

----- "Carcharoth" <carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:

> > Members of the user group "Reviewer". All Admins will automatically be given reviewer status and all other users will be able to apply for it at [[WP:Request for permissions]]; like rollback there will be a presumed threshold of number of edits and time since account was opened. An initial poll rejected the idea of autopromotion, but I notice this issue has been reopened because "only" 50 people participated in that discussion.
>
> To be fair, as more people become aware of this, there will be more
> calls for bigger and longer discussions. That is only natural. Rather
> then risks continual re-discussion, it should be made clear that
> everyone will get the chance to say something at the end of the trial.
> And if they don't, well, that will cause huge upset.

The poll was only ever meant to apply to the trial, with the issue open for rethink after the trial was over. I hope that still happens. I think that's really the usefulness of the trial - a lot of people are concerned because they are unsure of how exactly it will work - once we see it working in practice, people are likely may well make up their minds differently.

Andrew