[WikiEN-l] So, what is the deal with flagged revisions?

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Thu Aug 27 14:23:21 UTC 2009

2009/8/27 Andrew Turvey <andrewrturvey at googlemail.com>:

>> 4) Is there any automatic flagging?
>
> I think the idea was all entries with [[Category:Living persons]] would be automatically flagged.

No, no. Flagged protection will be applied to - well, articles we
choose to apply it to, in the same way as (semi-)protection is now.
The all-BLPs idea seems to have been abandoned.

Patrolled revisions, on the other hand, seems to be all (mainspace)
pages, but will function mainly as a back-end tool and won't affect
what people see or people's ability to edit. The idea is we can use it
for BLPs, which are the main focus of our problem, but it'll be
enabled everywhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Flagged_protection_and_patrolled_revisions#Patrolled_revisions

--
- Andrew Gray