[WikiEN-l] Blog post on FlaggedRevs

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 26 10:10:43 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Andrew
Turvey<andrewrturvey at googlemail.com> wrote:

> This is contradictory. BLP articles make up a significant proportion of all articles (something like 25% off the top of my head) so if you do it for all BLP articles you are not doing it "in a small percentage of cases"

<snip>

Off the top of your head? :-)

I think (referring to the top of my head) that the 25% (more like
somewhere between 20 and 25%) is for the number of biographical
articles (i.e. both living and dead and long-dead people). The BLP
figure is easily calculated though.

1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Living_people

400,653 BLP articles (as of 26/08/2009)

2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Statistics

3,012,053 content articles (as of 26/08/2009)

Hence the BLP percentage is 13.3%.

Carcharoth