[WikiEN-l] Annoying exonyms (was: hatnotes)

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 06:24:05 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 7:04 AM, <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:

> I will wager $100 that Wikipedia will be gone long before the sun turns
> into a Red Giant.

I hope Wikipedia at least outlives me.

I do sometimes get into the mindset of thinking "everything I do with
Wikipedia might be a waste of time" because I envision it collapsing,
dying, being fatally attacked or somesuch.

That's why I do let out a big cheer (as if my favourite soccer team
had scored a goal) every time the WMF gets a grant or large donation:
it puts my worries to rest for a little while.