[WikiEN-l] Annoying exonyms (was: hatnotes)

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Aug 23 05:40:05 UTC 2009

In a message dated 8/22/2009 6:44:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
stvrtg at gmail.com writes:

> How is it claimed that we are bound to English spelling only, and yet
> permit all the Nordic, Germanic, and French characters* - few of which
> most *English* speakers know the pronunciation of. (*?)>>

--------------------

Diacritical marks are evil and must be destroyed.
In addition the period after initials is redundant and evil (and must be
destroyed).
The usage "Dr Smith, M.D." is silly and evil and must be destroyed.

The insistence by highbrows to spell "re-su-me" (your job history) with a
diacritical mark is excessively evil and not only must be destroyed but all
those who espouse this cause must be destroyed as well (and their families,
in-laws and pets, especially cats).

How much sugar is in this Jamba Juice I'm drinking....

W.J.