[WikiEN-l] Request to Wikipedians for BBC Documentary

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 23:59:05 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 6:59 PM, stevertigo<stvrtg at gmail.com> wrote:

> The stable concept of "deletionism" isn't anything more than the
> waste management principle: 'any organism needs a waste removal
> system.' A fairly basic and agreeable idea. After that, "inclusionism"
> sort of became a misnomer - few disagree that all subjects need to be
> 'included' - the disagreements deal with how they are treated.
> Eventualism and integrationism sort of came along a bit later, and
> these are the acually operant philosophies today.

I've found I've changed over the last 4 or 5 years that I've been on WP.

When I first joined a fought against the deletion of an unremarkable
street because my thought was "isn't it amazing that someone can find
their *own* street* on Wikipedia! It will inspire editors because if
people can find their own street they'll go WOW! and want to join in
and add to this remarkable project."

Now, more experienced and more cynical, I view Wikipedia as an
increasingly large carpet that multitudes want to urinate on... with
no growth in the number of cleaners.