[WikiEN-l] Civility poll results

wjhonson at aol.com wjhonson at aol.com
Thu Aug 13 22:24:41 UTC 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net>
To: English Wikipedia <wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
Sent: Thu, Aug 13, 2009 3:14 pm
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Civility poll results

My guess is that it would eventually be used as people found out about
it, but it could open up a whole new range of problems: competing
articles, conflicts with existing material on a merger, knowing when to
get rid of draft articles that have been abandoned by their authors.
If
someone just wants a quiet space while he is developing an article, how
does a user sub-space not fulfill this?

A DRAFT name-space would be more encouraging to other editors to
participate in the development of a stubby article.
Like I mentioned earlier user-space seems a bit too personal to
higgly-piggly modify.

Will Johnson