[WikiEN-l] Civility poll results

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 13 14:45:00 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 3:39 PM, FT2<ft2.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com>wrote:
>
>> (Snip)
>>

>> Remember that not all drafts have that in the page title.
>>
>> It might even be possible to just add a category to all userspace drafts.
>>
>>  Carcharoth
>

> What's nice is that it's intuitive for a new or unfamiliar user  to
> understand a "draft" space. It encourages them to use it, and it's more
> visible to other users.
>
> You can search userspace, but I suspect that few people search for past
> userspace attempts at a topic before starting it themselves, and far more
> /new/ users (the topic of the thread) don't use userspace for drafting, but
> go directly to mainspace.

The problem is getting the software to tell people that click on a
redlink that a draft exists. And then how to avoid discouraging people
from writing their own stub instead (the answer being that they should
write their own stub and the draft in user space will have missed out,
or need to be added later).

Redirects to draftspace would be undesirable for several reasons.

Carcharoth