[WikiEN-l] Civility poll results

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Aug 13 10:49:43 UTC 2009

Surreptitiousness wrote:
> At some point the arbitration committee is going to have to make tough
> decisions, if only to see exactly where the chips fall. If the
> arbitration committee is sometimes afraid of acting, what hope have we
> got? David brought up the idea of forking again, and maybe that's what
> we need to explore once again, maybe we do need to investigate a fork of
> the project.
Ah, the Golgafrincham solution (see
[[Places_in_The_Hitchhiker's_Guide_to_the_Galaxy#Golgafrincham]]). Sort
of, anyway. The pious hope of a fork in which those who really, really
hate currrent dispute resolution processes are invited to work on a WP
clone, licensed in the same way as the original, and so to take their
dramatics somewhere else. Without the cryogenics, though. This of course
is what Citizendium should have been, but they ducked cloning the
material and editing it down. I think this is just a science-fiction or
desert-island fable, but I could be wrong. It could be "Lord of the
Flies" or a "brave new world" - who knows? I think DG is astutely
putting this forward as a reply to people with no contructive
suggestions as to how to move forward from where we are now.

Charles