[WikiEN-l] Civility poll results

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Aug 13 08:41:45 UTC 2009

Surreptitiousness wrote:
> I don't disagree at al', but the arbitration committee have tended to
> take the view that incivility alone is not a reason to remove the admin
> toolbox and flag.
Well, in my view, if incivility in an admin is a sign of other problems
(in the spectrum of stress to burnout to overestimation of own ability
to handle awkward people) it is indicative of something serious about
suitability to the role. If it is the result of a long campaign of
trolling that has finally got an answer in kind, then it is a sign just
of human fallibility. Despite a few cases of high profile, the ArbCom of
my time was certainly sympathetic with admins, and wary of people who
were not obviously working for the good of the project saying "I was
disrespected". That said, it's a grey area, and has probably become more
murky over time. We don't want and never have wanted cussing admins.

Charles