[WikiEN-l] Civility poll results

Surreptitiousness surreptitious.wikipedian at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 12 22:45:26 UTC 2009

Emily Monroe wrote:
>> the arbitration committee have tended to take the view that
>> incivility alone is not a reason to remove the admin toolbox and flag.
>>

> Oh, I get it--precedent interferes with my idea.

No that's not what I meant at all.  I simply meant that while I agree
with you, that hasn't tended to work in the past because of a failure to
act by those with the ability to do so. I have no idea how bound by
precedent the arbitration committee is.  I find the community is
becoming increasingly bound by precedent though. Of course your
experience and opinion may differ.