[WikiEN-l] Civility poll results

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 19:53:58 UTC 2009

2009/8/12 Emily Monroe <bluecaliocean at me.com>:
> On Aug 12, 2009, at 2:26 PM, Andrew Gray wrote:

>> Well, here's an odd thought. If Wikipedia dies, something to do with
>> our community will probably be the reason.

> I agree with you. Unfortunately, I think this is the case. What will
> happen if the in fighting continues?

One of the best protections against a fork is to make forking easy. If
people can go elsewhere, the tone of a project is greatly improved
over the situation where the unforkable project is the only game in
town.

We're getting good backups more often, which is good. The hard part of
forking is the large number of community members who work to keep the
encyclopedia free of rubbish and vandalism.

- d.