[WikiEN-l] Request for assistance for new editors

Emily Monroe bluecaliocean at me.com
Wed Aug 12 19:50:49 UTC 2009

The civility thread has got me thinking, but I didn't want to hijack
it, so here we go. This idea isn't fully formed, so forgive me.

I was going through wikipedia, when I came across a newer editors talk
page. S/he had several speedy deletion templates, and obvisouly didn't
know what xe was doing when it came to creating articles (xe was
making test-type articles, so copy-and-pasting WP:FIRSTARTICLE, stuff
like that), but for whatever reason, xe wasn't going to ask for help.

I came up with the idea that maybe we can rename the "New
Contributors' help page" to "Request for assistance for new editors".
Not that it's already used enough already, but maybe this will make it
more well-used. At the very least, we can maybe add to huggle
something that says "This new editor needs help fitting into
wikipedia. Can anyone help him/her?"

Of course, while thinking about this, I forgot to help the editor who
got me thinking about it!

Emily