[WikiEN-l] Online Newspapers Considering Subscription Model

Emily Monroe bluecaliocean at me.com
Mon Aug 10 14:31:51 UTC 2009

> This conversation seems to be getting a little steeped in "attack"
> mode, doesn't it?

That was an honest, legitimate hypothetical question of mine. I
addressed it primarily to Will, and secondarily to everybody. I never
mean to attack anyone. I wouldn't live with my conscious if I had
lived a life like that. If I did unintentionally attack *anyone*, then
I owe an apology to Will and the list that I'm offering now.

> So my question at this point in the debate would be to ask myself
> why someone who lives "in a place where there isn't any library for
> hours (or  days even)" would be overly bothered about verifying
> right that second.

I didn't mean to imply that they would be bothered about verifying
references right that second. I was starting to read into this debate
(and maybe it's just me) that every Wikipedian should be bothered
about verifying right that second. I was proven wrong when Will
pointed out that that wasn't his point.