[WikiEN-l] If anyone ever says Wikipedia is too deletionist

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sun Aug 9 02:06:29 UTC 2009

WJhonson at aol.com wrote:
> About "Women" on Wikipedia, I think "famous" is probably problematic, like
> "list of short women", is too much based on a judgement call.

Heck, in a few cases the "Women" classification might prove to be based
on a judgement call. The panoply of transgender classifications and how
they change over time and culture is beyond me. Trying to hammer every
peg into one of just two holes is bound to cause problems.

Not saying it wouldn't be nice to categorize those that _aren't_ edge
cases, mind you.