[WikiEN-l] Online Newspapers Considering Subscription Model

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 01:38:30 UTC 2009

If you are actually doing this, I shall have to check your
contributions and revert every such removal. They are not convenience
links, as they are when there is a print version only. They are
perfectly good links, and meet policy--almost always, except in the
case of really esoteric sources, there are hundreds if not  thousands
of Wikipedians who can check any one of them.

We are talking about references, not external links.--removing
external links in such circumstances in another matter entirely, and
it is necessary to do that.
There does not have to be a free alternative to references, or we will
let commercial interests destroy the encyclopedia.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.