[WikiEN-l] Online Newspapers Considering Subscription Model

FT2 ft2.wiki at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 00:46:00 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 1:35 AM, Bod Notbod <bodnotbod at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you get the sense that wp:en *needs* more admins?
> If not, I'm happy where I am, really.

That's fair, but it's really the wrong question. It's rarely about "does WP
need more admins". The much more appropriate question is, "do you find
yourself doing (or wanting to do) tasks to better help the project, for
which you would need admin access, when the community would trust you with
that access".

For example I sought sysophood at a point when I found I was too often
having to ask others to block sock-puppets, or could advise but not actually
address disruption and disputes. There were a number of occasions I would
have helped resolve the matter but could only offer advice or ask others to
act, which was wasteful. I felt the community had enough evidence of my
editing to trust my conduct, and was right to so judge. (As it happens I
withdrew because 15% of users wanted to see more edit summary use, but
that's separate.)

There were other reasons, noted in my RFA, but the basis was my wish to help
certain areas where I had reached a "non-admin ceiling" better and a need of
the tools to do so, not whether or not the project "needed more admins".

Hope that clarifies? :)

FT2