[WikiEN-l] In development--BLP task force

Phil Nash pn007a2145 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Aug 7 23:42:36 UTC 2009

WJhonson at aol.com wrote:
>> Interesting examples.  For both O.J. and Phil I would assume we can
>> create fairly complete biographies using appropriate souces.
>> I am doubtful that we could really make a "biography" for Gary
>> Glitter without a lot of unacceptable sources being used, or a too
>> full reliance on a single source.
>>
>> Will

Just a note on this- the usual "reliable sources" don't tend to report about
Gary Glitter these days- it's just the low-end tabloids that are avid to get
sightings, pictures, and arguably hound him; obviously they have an axe to
grind and are unlikely to take a neutral stance. That is why such articles
(and I have [[Jade Goody]]  and [[Katie Price (Jordan)]] and similar on my
watchlist) should be watched with vigilance to ensure scrupulous compliance
with [[WP:BLP]]. The coverage of  OJ & Spector hit much more responsible
media sources.