[WikiEN-l] In development--BLP task force

wjhonson at aol.com wjhonson at aol.com
Fri Aug 7 20:37:21 UTC 2009

Because I consider a biography to be an appropriate reduction of a
person's life, while a "biography" is an inappropriate reduction
focusing on one famous bit and a lot of silly or scandalous bits.  That
a person is a pedophile might be interesting to appropriately document
in a biography, however it should not really be a focal point of a
biography, which should cover all parts of a person's life not just the
parts that got splashed across the Weekly World News.  It is difficult
to really create a biography without at least a substantial number of
book citations.  However anyone can create a "biography" by gleaning
inappropriate citations to fan magazines, scandal sheets and blog
postings.

Will Johnson