[WikiEN-l] Online Newspapers Considering Subscription Model

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 14:23:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Charles
Matthews<charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:

>>> Note the tension between "you can edit this page right now",
>>> which is part of the credo, and "you can verify this fact right now",
>>> which isn't...
>>>

>> ...unless it's a BLP, right?
>>

> You say that why? There isn't a different definition of verifiability on
> BLPs, as far as I know. There is a higher degree of attention to all
> aspects of policy in relation to BLPs. Seems to fit as "difference of
> degree, not difference of kind".

Looks like you're right. You know there's a bit of text that appears
when you're in editing mode between the edit window and the 'submit'
button? I seemed to remember that it said something different when you
edit a BLP than when you edit say 'donkey' or 'saucer'. But it
doesn't. Don't know where I got that idea from.