[WikiEN-l] Lists and redlinks and link maintenance

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 19:32:38 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Charles
Matthews<charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> To be fair, many lists are somewhat unreferenced. But of course you can
> add references to lists, and annotate them generally. There is no way
> such templates are ever going to offer verification.

Hmm. I don't see why that would be impossible.

You know how we now have 'show' buttons to get certain things (often
templates) to appear? Why couldn't a template have another nested
'show refs' link that brings down a citation to show that the person
held that office or is recognisably a member of that template's
category?

I notice that some people now are adding refs to 'genre' tags now, to
thwart the genre trolls. Not that that required any technical
fiddling, but I'm just saying in passing.