[WikiEN-l] Do experts have a moral obligation to contribute to Wikipedia?

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Aug 3 01:20:35 UTC 2009

As a Randian I would have to say that no, I have no moral obligation to
give up my effort for any compensation other than that compensation which I
declare as my due.

This is not to say that Ayn Rand would not contribute, only that the
compensation of such contribution must be that which she would request, not that
which the community would offer.  When these two are the same, than an
expert would have no problem with contributing.

You are not required to sacrifice your work for the greater good.  The
greater good is better served when you achieve a heroic effort within your own
desired framework.  Not that framework imposed by others.  Brilliance  is
never achieved by committee.

Will Johnson

steps!
=JulystepsfooterNO115)